How to Pick the Best Brake Shop in Eugene, OR 97402
Brakes are some of the most important parts in your car. Maintaining your brakes is crucial, not just for the comfort and smoothness of your driving experience, but for your peace of mind! You rely on your brakes working as expected to keep you safe. Finding a brake shop that you can trust to keep things properly working and to keep you safe on the road is not something you should take lightly.
Finding the right brake shop in Eugene, OR can be difficult. There are many auto repair shops in town that offer brake service. How can you find one that you trust to keep you and your family safe on the roads? Our advice is to look around and find the Eugene, OR repair shop that is the best fit for you. Here is a short checklist of important criteria in choosing the best brake shop in Eugene:
A clean, well-kept auto repair shop is a strong sign that your brake service will have care and attention to detail.
- From the outside, is the repair shop well-maintained and presentable?
- Are you greeted quickly and courteously when you walk into the brake shop?
- Are employees friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and helpful?
- In the shop area, is everything arranged, organized, and ordered? Are mechanics wearing shop uniforms?
It’s cheaper and safer to do upkeep and preventative maintenance on your brakes instead of waiting to fix them when things go wrong. Continuity is important. You will want to develop a relationship based on trust with whoever is doing your brake service!
- Does the auto shop respond or reply to your calls and/or e-mails in a timely manner?
- When your automobile develops an issue, is the problem quickly diagnosed and explained to you in a way that you can understand what is wrong and your options on how to fix it?
- Does the shop offer perks like a courtesy shuttle and gated parking for overnight stays that make working with the shop safe and convenient?
- Are repairs conducted in a timely manner?
Integrity and Reputation:
You need to be able to trust your brake mechanic’s recommendations without worrying if they are ripping you off. Here are a few ways you can get information about whether nor not you can trust a Eugene brake shop before you start a relationship with them:
- Does the shop employ ASE-Certified Automotive Technicians?
- Is the shop an AAA-Approved Auto Repair Facility?
- Does the brake shop have a positive Better Business Bureau rating?
- Ask around. Have any of your friends and family worked with the repair shop before? What were their experience like?
- Does the repair shop have good online reviews? Are there reviews specifically about brake service?
Price, Parts, and Warranty:
Brake repair should not cost you an arm and a leg, but at the same time, you cannot afford to sacrifice quality and safety for price. Look for a Eugene auto repair company that does good work at a fair price. Not all shops use the same parts, nor do they all guarantee their work in the same way, so be sure to know what your brake shop’s parts and labor warranty is. Beware of “discount shops” that offer “free diagnostic work.” If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- How does the auto repair shop’s brake service pricing compare with other shops?
- What parts are going to be used in repairs?
- What is the brake shop’s parts and labor warranty?
- Are invoices easy to read and understand? Are there any “out of place” charges and fees?
This checklist ought to give you a good starting point in finding Eugene, OR brake service that you can trust and feel good about. Jackson’s Complete Auto Repair is a Eugene brake shop that stands by its service, work, parts, and price. We invite you to visit, call, or e-mail us and let us earn your trust!
Awesome!!! The guys in their service department actually listen/explain things in a way I can understand and are super friendly to boot. I love that we can bring both of our cars there to get fixed (and fixed right!) and don’t feel like we have to take them to separate places to get someone who knows what they’re doing with each one. Plus, they’re always able to drop me off and pick me up so that I don’t have to wait or arrange for a ride to/from their place – very convenient. Definitely recommended.
Jackson’s has been around so long for good reason – they’re honest, whether the news is good or bad, and are just good people, not to mention the fact that they’ve fixed anything and everything I have thrown their way and fixed it well. I appreciate being able to go to one place that can take care all of my personal and business vehicles, no matter the make/model. Highly recommended.